Pages

Friday, January 23, 2015

Wait...is Lindsey crying?? There's No Crying in Baseball!!

Growing up I was never been a “crier.” We just didn’t roll like that in the Novak house hold. You got your shit together and you operated under the A League of Their Own quote "There's no crying in baseball!!"
I can remember only 1 time that I cried during high school in front of people, and that was during a basketball game against Oberlin. A very large girl dropped my ass with an elbow to the eye while I was running a fast break. For the record my eye socket was indeed broken, so I had a really good reason to cry the way that I did.  Anyway, I’m not a crier-I don’t like my face being wet, my makeup all jacked up, and I just don’t look pretty when I do it.

Well that has all changed since this baby has taken over my life. I cry about everything. It is almost comical the way my emotions have taken a 180. You name it I have cried about it.

   1.       OMG this stick says we are going to have a baby. Tears---totally legit reason to cry
   2.       The Crossfit Games? Really Linds?? I believe it was a 21-15-9 Complex and the last guy to finish his pull ups and bar muscle ups had been struggling so hard and couldn't get over the bar. He ripped his callouses open and his hand was bleeding everywhere. One of the competitors that had already finished and was cheering him on, pulled his glove off and gave it to him so he could finish. Gooo Teamwork!!!Why the hell am I crying?
   3.       The Today Show. That shit gets me on a daily basis. On Al freaking Roker's birthday they showed a video of him being awesome. He was fat, then he got healthy, then he ran a marathon! Im losing it. What a dude. Al Roker is on my list of people I need to meet because he is legit. I also cried A LOT when Savannah got pregnant, during her baby shower, once she had her baby, and anytime they talk about her. Stupid Today Show making people cry.
   4.       I cried in the McDonalds drive through line because they didn’t have any sweet and sour sauce for my nuggets. You are McDonalds how the hell don’t you have sweet and sour sauce?? I think this is also a legitimate reason to cry as well.
   5.       Random commercials make me weep. The dog ones, the veteran ones, ones about weight loss or eating at the cheesecake factory. I’m a big blubbery mess when I watch TV.
   6.       I cried like Kim Kardashian in my boss’s office. Like totally should have gotten my ass up, went to the bathroom, gave myself a pep talk and then came back, kinda cry. Not one of my proudest moments. The sad thing is, I know I looked exactly like this. ugh.
   7.       Damn Facebook is the worst. It’s either people saying stupid shit to me or people posting heart wrenching articles. Either way I’m crying.
   8.       I cried standing outside of Sam and Brian’s hospital room waiting to see 8 hour old Eli. What a tiny precious muffin.
   9.       Finally, the mother of all waterworks. The article written by Jenny Gerson called “They Should Have Warned Me” If you have 5 minutes and are somewhere that you are cool with crying, read it. You wont be disappointed. 

      I know this is totally not going to stop any time soon once she gets here either. In fact it will get worse I'm sure. I guess I am no longer "Lindsey Effing Novak" as Levi likes to call me when I am acting like a hardass. I have grown a heart and now have a soft pillowly soul. I'm just a little momma who loves to cry :)

Baby J and Momma Stats:

How far along? 29 weeks small cabbage 3 lbs or 17 inch laptop screen per "relatable sizes of the baby
Sleep: Really awesome lately
Best moment this week: Levi singing to me and dancing with me in the kitchen today
Miss Anything? Being thinner
Movement: SOOOO MUCH
Workouts: Feeling so awesome lately! I am still able to do some light workouts with boys at lunch and go to crossfit or spin
Food cravings: FISH TACOS!!
Belly Button: Innie still---I must have had a serious innie at the beginning of this.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy
Looking Forward To: Nursery stuff, My Final trip to Tecate (getting REAL fish tacos) and then my baby showers that are coming up!!


Do Great Things!!!
Linds

No comments:

Post a Comment