Pages

Monday, December 29, 2014

Surviving the Holidays

This year Christmas was awesome. We stayed in North Carolina and didn't have to travel back to Ohio which made things way easier on us. We did the traditional Skype Christmas with the Novak's and Levi's parents are planning a trip down in early January. Baby J really cleaned up! She got way more gifts than Levi and I put together! My parents even did a theme with all of her gifts. Gifts for when baby J wants to dress up, a gift for her when she wants to watch the Buckeyes kick ass, and some for when she wants to play with all her friends. A HUGE thanks to everyone-we really appreciate it!! Although, I do have to say that the best part of Skype Christmas is you just have to turn off the Ipad. Later family! Have fun cleaning up--we are going back to our super quite house now!!
We then went to Sam and Brian's for traditional family holiday. Since both of our family's live in different states, we normally spend all of our holidays together. We are lucky to have them here in NC. I brought over ham, tater tot bombs, and loaded potato bites. Tater tot bombs are the shit by the way. It's just a tater tot, a 1x.25inch hunk of cheddar cheese and a bit of thyme, all wrapped in bacon, rolled in brown sugar and baked until golden and delicious. Totally worth the bubble guts from the cheese. Get on that level man.
The rest of the days were all about sleeping in, shopping, and hanging wallpaper in tiny princess’s room. Homegirl, absolutely HAD TO HAVE the pink Carhartt overalls with hearts for the buttons.
I mean, how can you pass that up?? That's like a direct report to the "Better Mother's Bureau." (Yes, Ma Novak threatened me many times to call this imaginary place to report me growing up. She did not want me to beat my dolls up and cut their hair. LOL)

Anyway, I'm pretty pumped about the way things are turning out in her bedroom. I’ll tell you what, the best way to test a marriage is to hang wallpaper with a pregnant, overly stressed, type A, engineer. Levi really should be nominated for sainthood---love your face boss! We ended up having a Sunday marathon day at Buy Buy Baby, buying her furniture, and starting the process of registering. Everything is coming together!! Less than 15 more weeks!
Baby J and Momma Stats:

How far along? 25.3 weeks a turnip...I think these veggies are wonky because in my world a turnip is smaller than the 24 week ear of corn. I think this dude summed it up pretty well with "relatable sizes of the baby" From now on I will probably use these...Girlfriend is the size of a 13 inch man boot.
pregnany-weeks-25-26-27-28-baby-size

Sleep: I have been having wicked dreams lately and have been back to tossing and turning
Best moment this week: Wallpaper and furniture
Miss Anything? Back on the lunch meat kick again.
Movement: Move ya body like a cycloneeeeeeeeee
Workouts: Did my first suicide Sunday since God knows when and felt awesome!! TRX and a cycle class make my heart full.
Food cravings: I still want Strawbs
Belly Button: Still a giant innie Novak belly button, but it has started to get shallower.
Happy or Moody most of the time: I have been on the nicer side. It was Christmas you know!
Looking forward to: Returning from a work trip to Boston and all the Christmas decorations being taken down....without me having to do it

No comments:

Post a Comment