Pages

Friday, December 12, 2014

Best Parts About Growing a Human

I realize that mostly I have been writing about the crappy parts about having a baby. Not all of it is sucktown. There are some really cool things that I have come across as well!!

First and foremost, the freedom to not track my food. Since high school I have always been “aware” of what I was eating. I have never been a super skinny lady – nor do I want to be – but I have always been on the watch. While I am not stuffing my face full of shit, I haven’t tracked my food in over 5 months and it is so refreshing. I do still monitor my weight and am very pleased that I have only gained 14 lbs at this point.

Feeling like a lady beast when I lift and workout. There is nothing cooler than being able to PR a  lift while you are growing a human. I love when people look at me and say “OMG, I can’t believe you are still working out!” “How do you do it?” or my personal favorite “You look like a badass!” That’s right people, I do look like a badass because, well, I am.
People are usually overly nice to you. I can get down with this. I’m all about making people smile, so when people go out of their way to be nice to me because of my growing belly, it makes my heart full. I love having doors opened for me, or cutting in line at the ladies room. Keep up the good work friends.

My hair is absolutely ridiculous. In the past 5 months it has grown well over 6 inches. I do have some of those crazy fly away pregnant hairs but I honestly like them…they are cute.

I get a lot of foot rubs. 

It is a great reason to wear all of your husband’s sleep pants and tee shirts!! Levi has these awesome sweatpants that I got him when we first started dating (8 years ago) and they are just amazing. He gets so pissed when I wear them but I am allowed because I am housing his child.

With my strange addiction with watching the food network, I am able to whip up whatever I see on the tv and it not be super weird. The other day the pioneer woman made Crème Brulee and I just HAD to have it. Good thing Ma Novak taught me to cook and my taste buds are OOC.

While my boobs are ridiculously out of control, they are still pretty awesome. I know of zero people who don’t like a nice giant rack.

Any time we go out to eat anywhere I get to choose the place. Lord knows if we go somewhere that I don’t like, I will be a brat for the rest of the day.

And finally, random compliments!! There is the one beautiful lady at work who came up to me and said that I had a J. Lo booty about 2 weeks ago, then she said how great my skin looked. It wasn't until last week that she really noticed that I was expecting. She said she knew something must be different because I was radiant. I could have kissed her mouth. Thank you lady friend for making my day, I will keep squatting heavy and letting this little lady make my skin soft and pretty. The occasional “Pregnancy looks good on you!” brightens my life too!! You all are awesome!

Baby J and Momma Stats:
How far along? 23 weeks...we are a Papaya and 1.2 lbs
Sleep: I am an amazing sleeper these days
Best moment this week: FINALLY getting the dumb Christmas tree up. blech.  It was like a two week ordeal.
Miss Anything? DAIRY!!!! I am about 95% sure that pregnancy has caused me to become lactose intolerant---UGH 
Movement: I can see my belly move now. Homegirl is giant and strong already
Workouts: Like a BAMF
Food cravings: Strawberries
Happy or Moody most of the time: I have been a moody asshole this week
Looking forward to: Our best friend from Ohio coming to visit on friday and getting her wallpaper up in the nursery!


No comments:

Post a Comment