Pages

Friday, December 19, 2014

No Milk?? You mean I am...Lactose Intolerant??

Lactose intolerance: also called lactase deficiency, means you aren't able to fully digest the milk sugar (lactose) in dairy products. It's usually not dangerous, but symptoms of lactose intolerance can be uncomfortable. Uncomfortable. Lol thanks mayo clinic I bet they paid you a lot for that awesome definition.

In the past 4 weeks I have really noticed that every time I have dairy I feel like death. I can hear my stomach over the TV and my gas is out of this world (more so than normal pregnancy.) I thought I was just crazy but apparently this is a normal thing in the world of making babies. Just add it to the list of weird shit that happens.

This whole lactose thing has become quite comical in the Johnson household. On the night that finally put the nail in the lactose coffin, I had a bowl of cereal for dinner. Freaking cereal. How much milk do you really drink when you eat cereal?? I mean, I am not drinking the sugar milk after I eat my shredded wheat, so maybe ¼ of a cup?? Levi and I were trying to go to sleep but we were laughing so hard for over 25 minutes about my fart power. I was amazing. Like the ultimate dutch ovener. Feel my wrath!!!!

So yeah. Now I have all this delicious milk in my fridge and I can’t drink it. Those cheese cravings, yep, they are stronger than ever.   In the grand scheme of things I guess it’s not so bad. We got soy milk but it tastes like water-edamame unless it is in coffee, and almond milk just hasn’t been doing it for me lately. I might just have to say goodbye to cows for the next 16 weeks.

I just really hope this hasn’t been a cause because Baby J has some crazy milk allergy. That would be awful. Let’s pray that she is cool and I become normal again after having her. Here is a little 4 weeks vs 24 weeks...with a side of Murphy J of course. 
Baby J and Momma Stats:
How far along? 24 weeks...corn. Homegirl is an ear of corn.
Sleep: Like a boss
Best moment this week: Letting so many other people feel her kick!!
Miss Anything? Milk duh
Movement: Tornado. That is the best way to describe her.  
Workouts: Still a lady beast
Food cravings: Strawberries too bad they are 5 bucks a pop now
Happy or Moody most of the time: I am happier this week
Looking forward to: Truchan and Ashley spending the weekend with us and hopefully buying a crib soon!!

1 comment:

  1. You look fantastic! And I love Murphy's appearances in some of your photos!

    ReplyDelete