Pages

Friday, February 20, 2015

Naming a baby

If this isn’t the most truthful statement, I don’t know what is.
“Do you like this name?” “ Uhhh no, my 2nd grade, best friends dog was named that.”

Lindsey: Oh LJ If it is a boy can we name him Sawyer? I LOVE the name Sawyer!
Levi: Sorry Dear, but Sawyer Johnson isn’t going to work. Break it down idiot….Saw---Yer—Johnson.”
Lindsey:  Damnit!! Another Dick name!!!

“Hey so and so, I think we have decided on this name.” “Esshhhhhh I don’t like that. What about this name? “….What about I punch you in the nose?

Lindsey: Soo I kinda like that name Gilligan, and we can call him Gill
Levi: You can be the one to explain to our poor child why he comes home every day with his underpants torn and over his head. No on Gilligan. Jesus, Gilligan? Really Linds??

Listen people, get your shit right. I don’t care that your Aunts, second cousins, wife, was a loser. I don’t know her, nor do I give a damn about her. If I want to name my baby that name, I will name my baby that. Also, why is it that now people think they can just spout off at the mouth and say these weird things to us. I mean, we are naming our kid…for the rest of her life. WE are naming her-not you.  If we were thinking of naming her Princess Diamond or something else like Rainbow, Apple, Elsa, or North then yeah sure go for it-let me know I am a whack job. But until then I don’t care about your opinions. And don’t give me weird looks either. Remember- I am the queen of resting bitchy face, I'm pregnant and I will cut you.
Now that that is out of the way, her name is going to be Aubin, something, Johnson. The “something” is a name that is still up in the air. I really love Grace but we will have to see how it all shakes out.

It sounds exactly the way it is spelled so let’s not all over think it. As for the “Where did you get such a unique name question” Levi has always like that name, and at first I really didn’t dig it. Then it just sort of worked…and then it really worked…and then it was her name. I absolutely love it. Her name has totally passed the “yell test” and that is very important. Does the name feel good rolling off your tongue when you are mad…yes, I have put thought into this. She is MY daughter after all.

I can just see her name being called as she runs through the tunnel for her basketball or volleyball games to dominate on your kid.  And nowwwww your starting point guard, number thirtyyy- fivveee, Auubbiiiiinnnnn Johnnnnsonnnnn!!!! Ahhhhh it gives me chills just typing it. She better not suck at sports lol. I may have just jinxed her to be in the band. Sorry Girlfriend.
  

Apparently, when you google it, the name is technically a boy’s name in France and has been increasing in popularity since 2000. It means white, fair, or blonde.  This statement about her name made me laugh so I have to share 

"People with this name tend to be quiet, cooperative, considerate, sympathetic to others, adaptable, balanced and sometimes shy. They are trustworthy, respecting the confidences of others, and make excellent diplomats, mediators and partners. They are often very intuitive. They like detail and order, and often find change worrisome. They may sometimes feel insecure or restless."

I think this one is saying that she will be like her dad because none of this really pertains to me-even a little bit.

Anyway her name is Aubin Johnson and she will be super awesome. And yes, you can call her AJ if you want.

Baby J and Momma Stats:

How far along? 33 weeks—she is getting pretty big and so am I!!!
Sleep: Levi has been sick this week and we both have been crappy sleepers
Best moment this week: doing nursery stuff
Miss Anything? Being able to see my feet when I look down
Movement: When is she not moving??
Workouts: Now that I am home and the ice is gone we are back at it!!
Food cravings: just strawberries, and ho hos. It is also lent so all that I have been wanting is good fat Paczkis. God Bless Levi Johnson because he drove in the ice storm to where we ususally get them, and of course they were out. He ended up finding this gem of a polish bakery right down the street and got us 6 delish donuts filled with happiness. Man, I love him.
Belly Button: Half innie….the left side is starting to pop.  
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy

Looking Forward To: My baby shower tomorrow!!! Eeeeeeeee



 

No comments:

Post a Comment