Pages

Friday, October 17, 2014

Maternity Pants or Buffet Jeans

Have you ever immediately woken up and thought “You know, today I NEED to have Jimmy Johns”? I mean, I didn’t even roll out of bed, why on earth am I worried about lunch? I could NOT STOP thinking about how delicious that bread would be in my cake hole. Once I get something in my head I can’t stop and there is a very good chance I will eat it for lunch or dinner. I love food and always have loved food. It’s like a magical window of happy tasting deliciousness has been opened now that I am pregnant. For example, I don’t believe that anyone has ever really tasted milk until they are knocked up. That shit is amazing. Flavors are just amplified and that is pretty dang cool.

Anyway, this leads me to my favorite things. My maternity pants—or as I like to call them, my Buffet Jeans. These miracle clothes have a giant, stretchy panel that goes over my growing belly, up to my boobs, and are just so comfortable. There are no snaps, no zippers, and no waist bands cutting into your spare tire. I don’t get why people don’t wear these all the time! Actually, I do because you feel like you can go to a buffet and eat your face off and not feel the repercussions and the “holy crap if I don’t unbutton my jeans now I am going to die” feeling. Hence the name- Buffet Pants

Smoking hot right?!?
There are even workout Buffet pants!!! Good ol' Levi said one day, "I thought all yoga pants were maternity pants Linds" Yeah no bro. They cut you in the middle and make you want to rip your belly organs out. No bueno. So I did what any good pregnant wife would do and went on a "Harold and Kumar" chase for work out pants. These were harder to find because I am picky about my workout pants. I want thicker fabric and not some see-through-Namaste-legging shit AND the high panel. I actually almost cried when I found them at target since they had been so elusive. So I figured I was warranted to by 3 pairs because they were being discontinued.

I have been rocking these pants since 7 weeks, once my best friend Kaitlin said “Girl, don’t be a super hero-you are in this for 8 more months, get comfy” and comfy I got. I may not even give them up once the kid comes!!

4 weeks vs 15 weeks There is most certainly a baby in there!!
Proof that LJ was on his iphone
during his Bday dinner
Baby J and Momma Stats:
How far along? 15 Weeks- Navel orange 4.5 inches 3 oz
Sleep: I wake up about 2 times a night
Best moment this week: LJs 29th birthday on the 13th, and he got an iphone, like a grown up.
Miss Anything? Brie cheese. And bologna---I don’t even like bologna but I really want some
Movement: I have been feeling tiny tiny taps on my belly, exactly where we always find the heartbeat with the Doppler—it has to be the kid trying to do Morse code to me
Workouts: I am feeling more energized these days so it is easier for me to get to crossfit. I am teaching Cycle and Sculpt this weekend so I have been gearing up for that!!
Food cravings: Still salt and cheese from a jar
Have you started to show yet: in the midst of did you just gain weight or are you knocked up
Gender prediction: Girl – we find out on Nov 11!!
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy but I have had a few out of control moments in the last few weeks
Looking forward to: Finding out the gender & feeling the baby move more!

Do Great Things
Linds

2 comments:

  1. Girl this had me cracking up! I love your writing :) PS: I'm 9 months postpartum and still rock the buffet pants ;) Actually just bought a new pair of button/zip aka regular pants and forgot. I went to go pee and tried to just pull them down. I got frustrated when I couldn't figure why they didn't move! Points me to another thing...mommy brain doesn't. ever. go. away! Oh and congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been feeling the mommy brain lately!!! If I dont write things down at work it is in one ear and out the other!!!!

      I have no desire for regular pants ever again :)

      Delete