Pages

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Are you getting fat or just pregnant?

I have been having some awesome meltdowns as of late.  I try to put on a shirt and lo and behold I look like I huge heifer and immediately take that shirt off and go through the same process with another one. By the time I am done, there are 12 clean shirts thrown on the bed, I am in tears, and still don’t have a shirt on.

I went to H&M Mama section to try to get my life in order and buy some clothes that fit me. They had tons of cute things but of course everything was XS and S. That doesn’t even make sense. You are pregnant; no longer can you be considered XS. Jesus H- what does that even mean, XS? Bush-league. Eat a cheeseburger. I did end up finding 3 shirts that were of normal people size and snagged them right up. Don’t judge me if I am only wearing the same stuff in a rotation of 3 days. I’m feeling chubby so let me be. 
15 + 3 weeks
This is such a weird stage to be in. I want to be showing so no one has to guess, but my expanding bod freaks me out! Every Friday I get super excited to take our progress pictures and then I look at week 4 and think, “My boobs were awesome and my stomach was so flat-what the hell was wrong with me?” Some days I feel awesome about my belly, other days I am self-conscious and just want to hide in LJs sweat pants and an over sized tee shirt.

Everything will get better in a few weeks and then there will be no mistaking the fact that there is a kid in there. Per this meme I believe I am leaving fear and working my way into acceptance. Excellent.

Sidenote: the stages Violet Bauregurd and I will cut you, literally made me laugh so hard that water came out of my nose. That is freaking awesome internet-you win. 

Baby J and Momma Stats:
How far along? 16 Weeks- avacado 4-5 inches 4-5 oz
Sleep: I wake up about 2 times a night
Best moment this week: Hanging out in Ohio---I miss my family soooo much!! I really loved watching Clay truck some 8 years olds in football :)
Miss Anything? I really want a subway sandwich
Movement: Certainly more movement this week!! I cant wait for LJ to feel it!!
Workouts: I am happy to be back to my routine now that we are back in NC. I was feeling pretty sluggish without working out in Ohio
Food cravings: Still salt and cheese from a jar
Have you started to show yet: in the midst of did you just gain weight or are you knocked up
Gender prediction: Girl – we find out on Nov 11!!
Happy or Moody most of the time: I have been weirdly not myself lately. 
Looking forward to: NOV 11

Do Great Things
Linds

2 comments:

  1. I remember when I started to show. I recall being at the gym and looking down at my belly. I would purposely rub it, hoping people would realize I was pregnant....it gets better. I'm sure everyone tells you but you look great. I ended up shopping at Forever 24 and NYC and buy XL because I hated maternity clothes.

    Emily Creamer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I go through the same thing every day and I'm a guy. So I guess what I'm saying is, men can know what it's like to be pregnant. Chalk it up to the cheeseburgers.
    SL Homegrown

    ReplyDelete