Pages

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Keeping My Life in Order

After almost 6 weeks, Lady A has been doing quite awesome. She is growing like a weed, and gaining weight like a Novak. Her mom on the other hand, has been crazy to the max.

For some reason this is something that women keep hush hush once they have a baby. The world tells us that we need to be all smiles, sunshine, and unicorn shit, but that is totally not the case. Being a parent is really hard. Between trying to keep her happy and fed and trying to do the same for myself and Levi, we are both tired and cranky. My anxiety is at an all-time high every day. It is such a strange feeling because you have this amazingly awesome kid, and your heart is so full of love for them, yet you feel so helpless and out of control. What gives??
I went back to working out a week earlier than my 6 week appointment because I felt so full of tension that I would explode. What in the world was happening to me? Do I have postpartum?? There is no way that I, Lindsey freaking Johnson, have postpartum. Well saddle on up partner because yep, you are just like the other 3 million women a year that experience this. Thank goodness that at my 6 week apt my doctor and I talked about what I was feeling and how I was totally normal. She prescribed me medicine to help alleviate the anxiety. I already feel better knowing that the medicine is available to me.
I love the pool!!!
I am so happy to know that I am not crazy and that this experience happens to so many new moms. I was amazed to learn the people who have gone through the same feelings and issues that I have. It boggles me as to why woman are so shy to talk about this. If it is so common why is it so taboo?? Like I said this parenting thing is hard as hell and just knowing others went through this comforted me. I can't imagine how nuts I would feel the coming weeks if I haven't talked to my Dr. about it. Poor Levi.

All in all I am excited to see how the next few weeks shake out. For some insane reason, we decided to make a last minute plane trip home the 16th-19th. I can’t wait for that plane ride which just so happens to be during her witching hour---I am sure I will have a lot to write about that beautiful adventure. Hopefully, after we come home she will settle into her routine a bit more and it is smooth sailing from here!!

Daddy giving her a pep talk
during her crazy time!!

Do great things
Linds

No comments:

Post a Comment