Pages

Thursday, December 7, 2017

Christmas Time with the Johnsons


Typically, Christmas is my least favorite season. A hatred past down from my mother due to cold Ohio winters and schlepping around tons of decoration crap from the attic for only a short period of time. However, I cant help but let my heart get full watching Aubin come downstairs the day after thanksgiving and seeing the house decorated and festive.
This child loves Christmas lights and will take every opportunity to see them. Her little smile gets gigantic when she is in a store and the Christmas section comes up. Look at how pumped she was for her gingerbread house! I cannot wait to make gallons of cookies with her and let her make a huge mess with flour and then we can eat everything.
How can you not love it when a kid climbs right up on Santa’s lap and says “I want Moana and toys.” She is very decisive. Moana and toys. That is it. 

The holiday and Aubins spirit is helping with mine as well. Her joy is infectious and she is now so excited about her baby brother. She has named him Maui and likes to help pick out his clothes so he can be fashionable like her. 
Both Levi and myself have come a long way since the post about antepartum. We have seen a therapist and both have made amazing strides for our growing family. The babies room is painted and is coming along rather well. A few pieces of wall décor have been made for his “Where the Wild Things Are” bedroom. We have started to get his clothes ready and put up all the essentials.

He is a mover and a shaker for sure. Our last baby appointment the Doctor gave me the “Hummmm, hummmm, ????”  because my belly was measuring 33 weeks and I am only at 30 weeks gestation. We had to have an ultrasound to check that my placenta previa moved so we also checked to see what the baby was really measuring. Of course, he was 33 weeks. Look at little dudes dimple—gahhh I cant wait to see that in real life! Fatty fat fat checks. 
Time to get our asses in gear for this kid to come. Aubs was 10 days early so I am anxious to see when Baby J #2 comes---especially if he is growing like a weed. 

Do great things
Linds

No comments:

Post a Comment